This is USDA government website that is the new ‘food pyramid’. There are many great resources on this website and it has good suggestions for parents.
This parent friendly website offers educational materials as well as printouts for tracking your child’s intake.
This website offers a variety of parenting resources, including but not limited to nutrition, child development, early literacy, sleep, and advocacy.
Books about Feeding:
Although I have read most of these, I have not read them all. Some were recommended by fellow therapists and parents.
- Feeding the Whole Family: Recipes for Babies, Young Children, and Their Parents by Cynthia Lair
- Eating for Autism: 10 Step Nutrition Plan to Help Treat Your Child’s Autism, Asperger’s or ADHD by Elizabeth Strickland
- Baby Bites: Transforming A Picky Eater into a Healthy Eater by Nonna Joann Bruso
- What’s Eating Your Child? by Kelly Dorfman
- Cure Your Child With Food by Kelly Dorfman
- The Picky Eating Solution by Deborah Kennedy, Ph.D.
- Fearless Feeding: How to Raise Healthy Eaters from High Chair to High School by Jill Castle and Maryann Jacobson
- Suffering Succotash: A Picky Eater’s Quest to Understand Why We Hate the Foods We Hate by Stephanie V.W. Lucianovic. **This is not about strategies, solutions, or promises of transformation. It’s a thoughtful, candid, often humorous look at the science behind picky eating, which is pretty fascinating to those who struggling with it.